Wednesday 12 February 2014

New Brunswick names mediator in bid to end Mount Allison University strike

   The provincial government has brought in a special mediator to help the school and it's staff resolve the strike. He, Larry Steinberg, will be meeting with both sides this week. If this way to help does not work, the government will be running out of options.



   I, for one, am very hopeful that this special mediator coming in will resolve this whole ridicules matter once and for all. I have many friends who paid a lot of money for tuition really have yet to have much class time. I have heard (from those friends) that they were expected to keep up on their readings and some assignments, even though they have barley had any lectures. Also, that they will lose their march break and have their semester extended. I am not sure about the rest of you, but I find that to be a load of bull. It makes me question: what is really thought of the students? Not a whole lot from what I am hearing and can see.

Article Date: February 11, 2014

The link is below if you would like to check it out. Have a solid day and as always, Stay Golden!

http://www.nb.dailybusinessbuzz.ca/Provincial-News/2014-02-11/article-3611587/NB%3A-New-Brunswick-names-mediator-in-bid-to-end-Mount-Allison-University-strike/1

No comments:

Post a Comment